Software Developer (Part-Time)
FLX AI was established in early 2021, although the core team has been working together for some 4 years and enjoys a strong customer pipeline of interesting and engaging work. We specialize in data science – AI, ML, DL – and software consulting, helping our customers leverage these state-of-the-art technologies to transform their businesses through data-driven innovation. Key verticals include Finance, Healthcare, Energy and Geospatial.
FLX is seeking a skilled, part-time software developers Software developers will be assigned to a diverse array of work based on the board spectrum of clients supported by FLX. The successful candidate will strive in a fast paced, startup environment, possessing the ability to prioritize incoming assignments by utilizing time management and superior organizational skills. Aside from technical work, interns are also, on occasion, relied on to help support company events and conferences.
WORKING AT FLX
Our team has deep industry experience in a variety of contexts, and we’re looking for people who want to work on challenging business problems in an inclusive and fun work environment. We offer the option to work remotely or from our newly constructed loft-style office that was redeveloped from a turn-of-the-century candy factory in Rochester, NY’s Neighborhood of the Arts (NOTA). FLX strives to cultivate a working environment that fosters creativity, new ideas and an appreciation for thinking outside the box. We eat our own dog food: In addition to creative customer engagements, we encourage our team to think critically about our own business at large and value input from all levels and areas of the company.
This position will report to FLX Director of Operations from a functional perspective but will work closely with various technical staff and program manager(s) based on assigned work.
- Support development of applications (coding, programming)
- Debugging and testing code
- Documenting and testing new software applications
- Research, investigate and fix a wide range of technical issues
- Access new application ideas
- Collaborate with team of data scientists and software developers/architects
- Preferred candidate is enrolled as a Master’s level student in either a Sciences, School of Engineering or Applied Sciences program (OR the equivalent). Will consider high potential undergraduate students enrolled in science, engineering, applied science program.
- Experience with various programming languages
- Self-motivated and results-oriented
- Ability to interact with cross-functional teams
- Strong problem solving skills
- Highly developed analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with ability to interface with persons of varying technical backgrounds
NOTE: This document describes typical duties and responsibilities and is not intended to limit management from assigning other work as required.
FLX provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected classification. Equal employment opportunity includes, but is not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, demotion, transfer, leaves of absence, and termination. The Company takes allegations of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation seriously, and will promptly investigate when such behavior is reported.