FLX AI, Inc., an exciting data science/AI and software startup based in upstate New York, is seeking to expand its Data Science team by hiring several new data scientists. As a data scientist at FLX, you will be assigned to a diverse array of work based on the board spectrum of clients supported by FLX. Successful candidates will strive in a fast paced, startup environment, possessing the ability to prioritize incoming assignments by utilizing time management and superior organizational skills. In addition, data Scientists will be relied on to develop innovative, scalable and viable solutions for FLX customers using deep understanding of large date sets, advanced analytic tools and techniques, and unique knowledge of NLP and its applied uses.
FLX AI was established in early 2021, although the core team has been working together for some 4 years and enjoys a strong customer pipeline of interesting and engaging work. We specialize in data science – AI, ML, DL – and software consulting, helping our customers leverage these state-of-the-art technologies to transform their businesses through data-driven innovation. Key verticals include Finance, Healthcare, Energy and Geospatial.
WORKING AT FLX
Our team has deep industry experience in a variety of contexts, and we’re looking for people who want to work on challenging business problems in an inclusive and fun work environment. We offer the option to work remotely or from our newly constructed loft-style office that was redeveloped from a turn-of-the-century candy factory in Rochester, NY’s Neighborhood of the Arts (NOTA). Compensation packages include competitive salary, stock options, premium health benefits, and a 401(k) plan. In addition to this, FLX strives to cultivate a working environment that fosters creativity, new ideas and an appreciation for thinking outside the box. We eat our own dog food: In addition to creative customer engagements, we encourage our team to think critically about our own business at large and value input from all levels and areas of the company.
This position will report to FLX Director of Program Management and from a functional perspective but will work closely with various technical staff and program manager(s) based on assigned work.
Lead various client projects in collaborative or independent environment with the goal of developing workable proof-of-concept solutions
- Apply knowledge of a variety of machine and deep learning processing techniques as well as implementing various statistical methodologies and neural networks
- Select appropriate datasets and data representation methods, run learning tests and experiments, perform statistical analysis test results, train and retrain learning models when necessary
- Query databases using statistical computer languages, text mining, information retrieval and build models that draw on strong understanding of mathematical programming techniques
- Record and interpret data for analyses, reporting, interpreting, or publishing
- Apply software skills to a wide range of coding projects, demonstrate ability to discover and fix errors in legacy code and work on general technical issues including software system design and maintenance
- Modifying software to fix errors, adapting to new hardware, improving performance, and upgrading interfaces
- Conducting system testing and validation procedures
- Master’s degree in data science
- Undergraduate degree in technical field (math, engineering, computer science, data science, etc.)
- Minimum two years’ experience
- Using relational database systems, video/image/signal processing, power systems, first-principle-based modeling of physical systems, natural language processing, and or statistics
- Data / text mining, information retrieval, data visualization, and deep learning
- Training and retraining discriminative/supervised learning models
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with ability to interface with persons of varying technical backgrounds
NOTE: This document describes typical duties and responsibilities and is not intended to limit management from assigning other work as required.
FLX provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected classification. Equal employment opportunity includes, but is not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, demotion, transfer, leaves of absence, and termination. The Company takes allegations of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation seriously, and will promptly investigate when such behavior is reported.