Data Analyst (Part Time)
FLX AI was established in early 2021, although the core team has been working together for some 4 years and enjoys a strong customer pipeline of interesting and engaging work. We specialize in data science – AI, ML, DL – and software consulting, helping our customers leverage these state-of-the-art technologies to transform their businesses through data-driven innovation. Key verticals include Finance, Healthcare, Energy and Geospatial.
FLX is seeking a skilled, part-time data analysts (approx 10 – 20 hr/wk). Data analysts will be assigned to a diverse array of work based on the board spectrum of clients supported by FLX. The successful candidate will strive in a fast paced, startup environment, possessing the ability to prioritize incoming assignments by utilizing time management and superior organizational skills. Aside from technical work, interns are also, on occasion, relied on to help support company events and conferences. As part of the FLX internship program you will gain incredible commercial experience and exposure working under the mentorship of a best-in-class technical staff.
WORKING AT FLX
Our team has deep industry experience in a variety of contexts, and we’re looking for people who want to work on challenging business problems in an inclusive and fun work environment. We offer the option to work remotely or from our newly constructed loft-style office that was redeveloped from a turn-of-the-century candy factory in Rochester, NY’s Neighborhood of the Arts (NOTA). FLX strives to cultivate a working environment that fosters creativity, new ideas and an appreciation for thinking outside the box. We eat our own dog food: In addition to creative customer engagements, we encourage our team to think critically about our own business at large and value input from all levels and areas of the company.
This position will report to FLX Director of Operations from a functional perspective but will work closely with various technical staff and program manager(s) based on assigned work.
- Provide support to data scientists on various projects in collaborative or independent environment with the goal of developing workable proof-of-concept machine and deep learning solutions.
- Apply knowledge of a variety of machine and deep learning techniques
- Select appropriate datasets and data representation methods, run deep learning tests and experiments, perform statistical analysis test results, train and retrain deep learning models when necessary
- Query databases using statistical computer languages and build models that draw on strong understanding of mathematical programming techniques
- Record and interpret data for analyses, reporting, interpreting, or publishing
- Apply software skills to a wide range of coding projects, demonstrate ability to discover and fix errors in legacy code and work on general technical issues including software system design and maintenance
- Modifying software to fix errors, adapting to new hardware, improving performance, and upgrading interfaces
- Conducting system testing and validation procedures
- Preferred candidate is enrolled as a Master’s level student in either a Sciences, School of Engineering or Applied Sciences program (OR the equivalent). Will consider high potential undergraduate students enrolled in science, engineering, applied science program.
- Experience with data mining, data visualization, deep learning, and ideally also have experience with reinforcement learning.
- Experience training and retraining discriminative/supervised deep learning models, familiarity with semi-, self- and unsupervised/generative modelling (e.g., autoencoders, normalizing flow models, GANs) as well as recurrent and gated neural networks (e.g., RNNs, LSTMs, GRUs) considered a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with ability to interface with persons of varying technical backgrounds
FLX provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected classification. Equal employment opportunity includes, but is not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, demotion, transfer, leaves of absence, and termination. The Company takes allegations of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation seriously, and will promptly investigate when such behavior is reported.